The Lemko Association was founded in Cleveland, Ohio in 1929 in order to preserve Lemko history, culture, customs, and traditions. The society adopted the English translation of its name in 1931. The Lemko Association initially used the printing services of the Rusyn-language newspaper Karpatska Rus in New York. In 1939 the two organizations joined forces in Yonkers, New York. This union lasted until 2010. The Lemko Association is likely to have been the most secular of the Carpatho-Rusyn brotherhoods and societies and it didn't provide life insurance as did the others.
Access to the major portion of this Lemko Association material has been provided by Paul Best, president of the Lemko Association.
Note: Use buttons at top of page for site navigation